Tuesday 15 July 2014

Primal Protein Bliss Balls

Well hey there, friend! Just a quick one today because 

a) chances are you came to this post on the promise of a recipe and really don’t give a crap about anything else I have to say and 
b) I’m a little short on time. See – short posts keep everyone happy!

But first – an update! Yes, I lured you here with a tempting recipe with the caveat that you must be updated on my happenings.

I am re-building my website over at www.theholisticnutritionist.com. In a few weeks time, this is where all of my blogging will be happening. Just trying to keep things a little tidier. I hear it’s what all the professionals do. But you don’t have to wait a few weeks – you can go and sign up for my newsletter right now! You know you want to. I promise not to inundate your inbox with annoying updates that you won’t even have time to read. My goal is to send ONE really useful newsletter about ONCE a month, which will include a recipe and maybe another secret squirrel tip that you won’t get unless you are in the circle of trust (AKA signed up for the newsletter). So go on – then you can go and make your Primal Protein Bliss Balls knowing that you have helped a sista out.

Primal Protein Bliss Balls (makes 10-12 balls)

Truth be told, I have never been much of a balls girl. Bliss balls, I mean, you sicko! I find them fiddly (you’re still thinking dirty thoughts, aren’t you? Stop it!). And hard to get just right. Somehow, I nailed it with these ones. Yes, giving myself a high-5.

Ha!
These can also be made with just seeds (a great option for the kids to take to school every now and then) and, if you wanted, you could swap the protein powder for another dry ingredient – maybe ½ cacao powder and ½ maca powder?

I probably would not recommend having these every day, as dates are quite high in sugar. However, if it’s these or an LCM bar…..you know what to do.

Here’s the goods - 


  • 5 medjool dates, pitted
  • ½ cup hazelnuts
  • ½ cup seeds (e.g. sunflower, pumpkin)
  • ¼ cup dessicated coconut
  • 4T coconut oil, melted
  • Sprinkle of vanilla powder
  • ¼ cup chocolate protein powder (vanilla would probably work too)


Method
  1. Add all ingredients to blender and blend well on high until ingredients stick together when pressed (around 30secs-1min)
  2. Scoop out small amounts (about 1T), squeeze together in hands and roll/press into balls
  3. Taste-test at least one, then store in an air-tight container in the fridge or freezer 


How easy is that?! Let me know how you go and please share any variations that you know work well.

Be kind to yourself! x


No comments:

Post a Comment